Перейти к содержимому

MZ-S vs Z1p

Сообщений в теме: 10

#1 Mikko

• Пользователь
  • 64 сообщений

Отправлено 05 November 2001 - 16:33

Взято с Pentax Forum, если кто не видел.

Here are some comparisons and coments about the two cameras:
(You?ll be surprised!)

Autofoccus:
MZ-S = 6 points, not faster or slower than Z1p, the camera DO NOT choose the closest subject (for my surprise) but the easiest to focus (the more contrasty,it seems} You can chose and fix one of the points to focus and program the camera to use the adjacent point it necessary.
Z1p = 1 point of autofocus, you have to point do the subject and reframe for not centered subjects. In a rush this can make you loose a photo.
SCORE: MZ-S= 1 Z1p= 0

DOF Preview:
MZ-S = on the shutter buton, very confortable, works even with the aperture ring set in "A".
Z1p = on an specific button (no big deal) but dont work properly with the aperture ring set in "A".
SCORE: MZ-S= 1 Z1p= 0

Exposure compensation:
MZ-S = direct dial, first level, +- 3 stops, faster to use (but how importante is speed in this case?). It shows in the viewfinder.
Z1p = second level menu, but easy to use, +- 3 stops. It shows in the viewfinder and on the display.
SCORE: MZ-S = 1/2 Z1p = 0

Exposure data imprinting:
MZ-S = yes,(I found it useful)
Z1p = no
SCORE : MZ-S= 1 Z1p= 0

Size and weigh:
MZ-S = smaller and light
Z1p = bigger and heavier than the MZ-S, but not that much. But have better ergonomics.
SCORE: Neutral

Viewfinder:
MZ-S = too small, it seems you are photographing with a point-and-shoot camera
Z1p = more confortable and bigger image.
SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1

Film wind:
MZ-S = 2,5 frames per second
Z1p = 4 frames per second (I never have to use)

Film rewind:
MZ-S = faster enough, reasanable silent
Z1p = faster enough, VERY noisy
SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p = 0

Multiple exposure:
MZ-S = no limits of shoots, you can turn off the camera between shots.(I found it very useful)
Z1p = 9 shots, if you turn off the camera the film will advance.
SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p =0

Brackting:
MZ-S = direct dial, +/- 1, +/- 1/2 stop; can be used together with exposure compensation
Z1p = second level menu, but easy to use, +/-1, +/1/2 or +/1 1/3 of stop, can be used with exposure compensation.
SCORE: Neutral

Built-in flash compensation:
MZ-S = no
Z1p = yes, selectabte +/- 1/2 stop, VERY useful, since the Pentax flashes tends to overexposure.
SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 2

Built-in flash rear courtain sync:
MZ-S = no
Z1p = yes

External flash compensation:
MZ-S = "no", (only with the new AF360 flash, WHEN it is launched)
Z1p = yes, with many already existing Pentax TTL flashes
SCORE: MZ-S =0 Z1p= 2

Simultaneous exposure and flash compensation:
MZ-S = no
Z1p = yes, either with the buit-in and external flash (VERY, VERY useful)
SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 2

Sync. speed:
MZ-S = 1/180
Z1p = 1/250

PC terminal:
MZ-S = yes
Z1p = no, (but I put one on my PZ1p}
SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p= 0

Batteries (life and prices):
MZ-S = highly consuming of extremely expensive batteries CR2
Z1p = moderate consuming of moderate price 2CR5

Built-in flash GN:
MZ-S= GN 12
Z1p = GN 14
SCORE= MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1

Built-in flash focus help:
MZ-S = emits shorts flashes to iluminate the subject, very distracting
Z1p = emits red beam to hekp focus, more discrete
SCORE = MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1/2

Button to lock speed:
MZ-S = yes (it is useful)
Z1p = no
SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p = 0

Noise:
MZ-S = more silent
Z1p = a bit noisy
SCORE = MZ-S = 1 Z1p = 0

Mirror:
MZ-S = slow, you can loose action shoots
Z1p = faster

Exposure modes:
MZ-S = the convencional 4, using the aperture ring. Goog position of the button for exposure reset mode
Z1p = 4 exposure modes, plus 250 syn, plus Hypermanual (a must), easiest "B" selection" , AND when in Hypermanual the aperture is constante in a zoom with any focal distance.

Maximum speed:
MZ-S = 1/6000
Z1p = 1/8000

Multi segment metering:
MZ-S = six segments, tends do overexposure slightly
Z1p = eight segments, VERY accurate metering.
SCORE : MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1

Compatible lenses, usable film, power zoom:
similar on both cameras

Final Score : MZ-S = 8,5 Z1p = 15,5

Тем не менее куплю скоро MZ-S. Одурманен, что делать. Да Z1p у меня не было никогда...

#2 Mikko

• Пользователь
  • 64 сообщений

Отправлено 05 November 2001 - 16:51

Вдогонку!!!!

Ответ Чемберлену одного из пользователей. Может кто чего добавит?

Just read test report of the Popular Photography - November issue, PLUS my own findings about the flash exposure compensation functions, here are somethings worth to mention:-

> Viewfinder:
> MZ-S = too small, it seems you are photographing with a point-and-shoot camera
> Z1p = more confortable and bigger image.
> SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1

Actual image area coverage by the viewfinder of
MZ-S = 93%, Z1p = 87% and Z1p's finder is a little bit brighter

> Built-in flash compensation:
> MZ-S = no
> Z1p = yes, selectabte +/- 1/2 stop, VERY useful, since the Pentax flashes tends to overexposure.
> SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 2

I believe that all pentax AF SLR can do this, SIMPLY USE the exposure compensation button or dial!! Unbelieveable?

Both my two Pentax AF SLRs (MZ-30 and SFX) CAN DO flash exposure compensation. I had tested by using my delicated flash unit AF240FT

The test is very simple. I fired the flash to a plain wall at a certain distance in dark environment and check if the "correct exposure" indication lamp was lit up, after that I set the exposure compensation to "over", say +4EV. So, what're the results? The "correct exposure" indication lamp didn't light up then. What does this imply? => Flash Exposure Compensation is in action!

SO, if you want to increase/decrease flash output, just use the exposure compensation button or dial!! Pentax included the specific function in Z1p simply for used in program or auto mode, that is, only for one does not want to change the auto selected aperture/shutter value and merely want to change the flash output.

> Built-in flash rear courtain sync:
> MZ-S = no
> Z1p = yes

I think this is very very minor.

> External flash compensation:
> MZ-S = "no", (only with the new AF360 flash, WHEN it is launched)
> Z1p = yes, with many already existing Pentax TTL flashes
> SCORE: MZ-S =0 Z1p= 2

ditto, same case as above, just do the +/-EV directly.

> Simultaneous exposure and flash compensation:
> MZ-S = no
> Z1p = yes, either with the buit-in and external flash (VERY, VERY useful)
> SCORE: MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 2

The answer is YES for MZ-S, and by default!!

> Sync. speed:
> MZ-S = 1/180
> Z1p = 1/250

I also really disappointed about this, that means I can't use 200mm telephoto lens for daylight fill flash if there is no 360G!?

> PC terminal:
> MZ-S = yes
> Z1p = no, (but I put one on my PZ1p}
> SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p= 0

How can you put one on Z1p? This sounds really interesting.. Technical modifications by technician? or by adaptor?

> Batteries (life and prices):
> MZ-S = highly consuming of extremely expensive batteries CR2
> Z1p = moderate consuming of moderate price 2CR5

Pop Photo reported that with 50% use of flash, they can shoot about 15 rolls of 24 exp. film. I think this is a reasonable figure.

> Built-in flash GN:
> MZ-S= GN 12
> Z1p = GN 14
> SCORE= MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1

Not much difference in actual use as both 12 and 14 are small figures.
but MZ-S RTF covers 24 and Z1p cover 28, according to pentax's spec.
Pop Photo mentioned that when using RTF at 24mm, there are dark corners in the photo.

> Built-in flash focus help:
> MZ-S = emits shorts flashes to iluminate the subject, very distracting
> Z1p = emits red beam to hekp focus, more discrete
> SCORE = MZ-S = 0 Z1p = 1/2

I also prefer red beam, so one can better use external flash unit if available.

> Button to lock speed:
> MZ-S = yes (it is useful)
> Z1p = no
> SCORE: MZ-S = 1 Z1p = 0

But I think the "Hold" button is of no use!

> Mirror:
> MZ-S = slow, you can loose action shoots
> Z1p = faster

Pop Photo tested the MZ-S system time lag is 1/10sec which is faster than Z-1p! I think mirror-up slow does not imply all the things, maybe shutter open very immediately after mirror up?

> Exposure modes:
> MZ-S = the convencional 4, using the aperture ring. Goog position of the button for exposure reset mode
> Z1p = 4 exposure modes, plus 250 syn, plus Hypermanual (a must), easiest "B" selection" , AND when in Hypermanual the aperture is constante in a zoom with any focal distance.

Agree! I like to control aperture at the body! and i love Hyper-manual!

> Maximum speed:
> MZ-S = 1/6000
> Z1p = 1/8000

Not much difference practically.

> Final Score : MZ-S = 8,5 Z1p = 15,5

You may adjust the final score now! (if my aboves are correct. Folks, pls correct me if i am wrong!)

#3 Pavel

Photographus Razglagolicus

• Пользователь
  • 8321 сообщений

Отправлено 05 November 2001 - 16:55

Если честно, то впервые слышу про

1) переэкспозицию шестизонника (какого хрена тогда отказываться от восьмизонника?)

2) задержку у MZ-S между нажатием на кнопку и срабатыванием затвора

3) насчет батареек, это фигня. Надо сразу покупать батарейную рукоятку (очень удобно и батарейки дешевы и продаются в любой палатке -- с Z1-p такой вариант не пройдет)

4) Меньшее увеличение видоискателя у MZ-S считаю достоинством: легче скомпоновать снимок. Недостатком может быть только тогда, когда необходимо строго выровнять видоискатель по горизонту

#4 Mikko

• Пользователь
  • 64 сообщений

Отправлено 05 November 2001 - 16:57

Второй коммент читал после или до? Вроде часть вопросов снята.

#5 AndreySff

Наш Guru

• Пользователь
  • 916 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 08:55

"Уж сколько раз твердили миру", что ну тяжело сравнивать несравниваемое. Разного "возраста" камеры, и для разных секторов рынка. Потому и результаты сравнения выглядят .... ну немного забавно.

По своему (весьма небольшому) опыту пользованию MZ-S. Задержка спуска затвора, после нажатия на кнопку не столь уж высока, как кажется. И принципиальной разницы с Z-1p "вручную" почувствовать тяжело.  Все остальное - больше дело вкуса, чем принципа и об этом тоже можно спорить долго и безрезультатно.
Для меня более критичным является то, что Z-1p уже не выпускается и недалеко то время, когда сервисная подддержка этой модели закончится, MZ-S в этом аспекте в гораздо лучшем положении.

#6 Pavel

• Пользователь
  • 8321 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 09:55

Андрей, Вы хотите сказать, что эта задержка все же есть? А как же результат тестов, о котором говорилось выше?

Насчет же "несравнимости" эих аппаратов, то соглашусь с Вами только частично. По техническим характеристикам и философии их действительно трудно поставить в один ряд. Но с точки зрения выбирающего топ-камеру в линейке Пентакс 35 мм сравнение не просто коректно, а даже необходимо, поскольку Z1-p еще можно встретить в продаже. Мне лично наплевать на разные рынки и подходы. Я выбираю инструмент, который должен быть 1) надежен, 2) точен (замер и затвор, в первую очередь), 3) неприхотлив, 4) вынослив, 5) экономичен, 6) позволял использовать доступные элементы питания. Из желательного, но не необходимого: мягкий затвор, минимальная реакция на нажатие на спуск, предварительный подъем зеркала (в макро -- первейшее дело).

MZ-S удовлетворял всем этим условиям, пока я не засомневался из-за "наездов" на его шестизонник (впервые слышу, правда) и упоминание о замедленной реакции на спуск...

Впрочем, есть вещи, которые надо щупать самостоятельно. У меня уже, наверное, не будет возможности щелкнуть затвором Z1-p. Как работает затвор MZ-S, я тоже не знаю... Но реакция на нажатие кнопки моего MZ-50 меня приводит в восторг, особенно после сравнения с тем, как это происходит у его одноклассников (Кэнон 300, Никон 65). Кстати, MZ серия начинает тормозить с затвором, когда садятся батарейки. Недавно наблюдал такое на MZ-3. Правда, затвор-то срабатывал сразу, а вот ан возврат зеркала в рабочее положение аппарат явно тратил лишние полсекунды. Мой скормный MZ-50, если уж работает, то нормально, либо вообще посылает все на фиг и не на что не реагирует.

#7 VladimirSh

Старый Мастер

• Пользователь
  • 6317 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 11:40

Павел, вы говорите:
"Я выбираю инструмент, который должен быть 1) надежен, 2) точен (замер и затвор, в первую очередь), 3) неприхотлив, 4) вынослив, 5) экономичен, 6) позволял использовать доступные элементы питания."
Ответ: Pentax MX(трудно найти), Pentax LX(найти еще труднее), Nikon Fm2n(все еще выпускается), Nikon Fm3A (свежина!).  Зато полное соответствие Вашим запросам. :-)

#8 Pavel

• Пользователь
  • 8321 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 11:54

Владимир, я говорил про электроный аппарат, хотя насчет Никона FM 3 A подумать стоит: уж больно отзывы хорошие и неавтофокусная оптика у Никона... ну понятно, в общем...

Правда, это означает коренную смену системы и влечет значительные расходы на дополнительный комплект оптики, а также подразумевает переход в лагерь Никонистов...

Но, в любом случае, подумаю... :)/>

#9 AndreySff

Наш Guru

• Пользователь
  • 916 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 15:01

По поводу "задержки" впопыхах не очень точно выразился. Скажу точнее: Я ее не замечал, ни на MZ-5n, ни на Z-1p, ни на MZ-S. Поэтму она для меня одинакова. Давайте определимся с тем что есть эта задержка. Если это время между нажатием на кнопку и началом реакции на это нажатие. То такой задержки я не ощущаю вообще. Ежели это время между нажатием на кнопку и началом открытия затвора (зеркало еще должно подняться). Она есть во всех (и механических в том числе) зеркальных камерах. Вот про эту задержку я и говорил, что не почувствовал разницы. В частности снимая паралельно MZ-S и MZ-5n я не почуствовал никакой разницы (и при съемке и после при анализе снимков. так сказать).
Ну а про все остальное согласен...

#10 Alchi

• Пользователь
  • 565 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 15:09

задержка есть еще в смысле, что пока автофокус не наведется, затвор не сработает. По-крайней мере MZ10 так :)/> У камер более высокого класса ситуация другая?
Для меня лично было бы удобнее, чтобы автофокус наводился при полунажатии на спуск, а уж если нажал спуск до конца, то затвор бы срабатывал независимо от положения фокуса.

#11 Pavel

• Пользователь
  • 8321 сообщений

Отправлено 06 November 2001 - 15:20

У MZ-S, насколько я знаю, приоритет фокусировки отключаем. У остальных, по-моему, нет...

Но я говорил не про это. Про режим приоритета автофокуса я знаю и из инструкции и по тому, что аппарат отказывался спускать затвор, пока не пи-пикал и не высвечивал индикатор дальномера

Количество пользователей, читающих эту тему: 1

0 пользователей, 1 гостей, 0 анонимных